Vision / Missionof Missionary Ventures Canada
The vision of Missionary Ventures is to mobilize Christians and churches for missions.
The mission of Missionary Ventures is to identify, equip and empower indigenous Christian leadership to reach the world for Jesus Christ fulfilling the call of the Great Commission and the Great Commandment.
- God will be honoured and praised by all that we do
- All our relationships both internal and external will be based on mutual trust and respect
- We will always strive to maintain integrity, excellence and passion in all our work
- We will always practice responsible stewardship
- We believe it is not about us, it is about GOD and HIS KINGDOM.
- We believe it is the priority of the church to be actively involved in what God is doing – restoring, rebuilding and reconciling all things.
- We believe that the local church is an avenue and instrument to bring hope to a hurting world.
- We believe in strategic partnerships and to work together with governments and NGO’s; to build those partnerships that serve the poor.
- We believe community development is best accomplished by identifying, equipping and empowering local indigenous leadership for ongoing sustainability.
- We believe local leadership is crucial for ongoing sustainability and development but always with outside accountability.
- We believe that every individual deserves to have the opportunity for personal growth and development.
- We believe in protecting the dignity of individuals that we assist.
- We believe cross-cultural work begins first by understanding and respecting the culture in which we work in. No one culture is superior to the other – only “different”.
- We believe in cultivating opportunities for personal involvement in missions for Canadians
Theological Statement of Faith
- We stand on the Bible as the divinely inspired Word of God. We believe there is one God, eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We proclaim that a Christian is a person who has come into Salvation and Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, born a virgin birth, lived a sinless life, performed miracles, died a vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, bodily rose from the dead, ascended to the right hand of the Father and will personally return in power and glory.
- We rely on the convicting, guiding, empowering, equipping, indwelling presence and work of the Holy Spirit to bring us into a holy life and a ministry within the church and witness to the world.
- We teach that Christians will be resurrected along with the lost, yet saved unto the resurrection of life while they that are lost will be resurrected unto eternal judgment.
- We see the church as the assembly, the community and the fellowship of all Christians.=